Board of Review Scheduling
An Eagle Candidate’s board is not scheduled until they have completed all requirements and their application is signed by council and their BOR package is ready to turn in to Advancement. To schedule your application review with Council, call Chris Wells at the Council office. Before you schedule this appointment ensure you have:
- Completed and signed application
- Completed and signed Eagle Project Workbook
- Troop Advancement Record showing all requirements completed and signed by the Unit Leader, Committee Chairman and Advancement Chairman of the Unit
- Life Ambitions Statement
- Handbook – requirements signed
Once he approves, he will direct you to contact me and at that time I will send a list of what the candidate needs to submit to me before scheduling a BOR. To schedule a BOR we prefer to have packages to us by the first week of the month (i.e. turn in at Roundtable) so we have time to get reference letters sent and returned. Normally packages received later in the month will result in scheduling for the next month’s schedule board date.
- Eagle Candidates must copy another adult (preferably a Unit Leader or Eagle Coach) when communicating to me to comply with YPT. FAILURE TO DO SO WILL PROBABLY RESULT IN NO RESPONSE ON BY ME OR MY COMMITTEE.
- Ensure you are using the latest Eagle Workbook at http://www.scouting.org/Home/BoyScouts/AdvancementandAwards/EagleWorkbookProcedures.aspx
- All meetings with the Advancement Committee and for Eagle Projects need to be done wearing a Class A uniform.
- Eagle Candidates have up to 3 months to do their BOR after their 18th birthday – but all requirements must be completed by their 18th birthday,
- Crowdfunding is not an approved fundraising project by Council.
- All Fundraisers require a fundraising application from the Eagle Workbook and signed by the District Advancement Chairman (if you take it to Council it will never get signed as I am the signing authority for Council).
|New Eagles||Unit||BOR Date|
| Adam Henning
Board of Review Schedule
|Oct 26th||Nov 30th||Dec 21st|
Any heroism awards need to be submitted to the District Advancement Chairman. These will be reviewed and if further investigation or gathering of facts are needed then this can be accomplished prior to it being submitted by the Advancement Chairman to the Council Advancement Committee where it will be reviewed for submission to the National Office.
Important! These awards have a deadline within a certain period of time from the time of the event. Submitting them directly to the council can slow any process required for needed information.